Saturday, February 12, 2011

OK - I'm not a rocket scientist



I just came back from 2 weeks off for foot surgery. All went well and I still have 10 toes. I'm just forced to walk slower & with a frankenstein boot. Anyways, I'm getting off-track. I had only been at work 2 days in between the ACID incident and the foot surgery incident.
Somewhere in the back of my pea brain, I somewhat expected someone at my work to give a shit. I'm not looking to be showered with attention, but a card for god's sake isn't too much?
I was discussing (I swear it was not a pity party) this with reasonably intelligent friend of mine and she pointed out the obvious - "they didn't do shit for you when you nearly died when your device tried to jumpstart your heart after a long & stressful day, what makes you think their going to give a shit about your frickin foot?"

No comments:

Post a Comment